How a full stack observability platform works - case study: e-commerce site
In this workshop you will learn about how an observability platform works, and how it can be used to combine telemetry data into one place to improve reliability, user experience, performance, and observability driven development.
Taking a sample e-commerce site as a project, you will get practical experience on how to capture telemetry data, understand the different data types (MELT), add custom data specific to the business, analyse business and performance data with queries and charts, and see how that data can be used to troubleshoot and alert on issues or performance.
* Basic knowledge of monitoring would be an advantage
* Observability platforms and Observability Driven Development
* Telemetry data types (MELT) and OpenTelemetry
* Instrumenting services
* Custom attributes to add business context
* Analyse data with queries and dashboards
* Alerts and Incidents
* Synthetic web testing with scripted browsers