The deadline for proposals has expired.
The fifth Continuous Lifecycle conference is to be held in Germany at the Congress Center Rosengarten in Mannheim from November 14–17, 2017. The event will focus on the lifecycle of software applications with special attention paid to the processes and tools from areas such as Continuous Delivery and DevOps. Continuous Lifecycle 2017 will equip developers, software architects, system administrators, project leaders, and IT strategists with knowledge of the main aspects of agile software development and will present important processes and tools for the development of high-quality software.
Three partners in the field of computing/IT have teamed up to host the conference: heise Developer, the online channel for software development; dpunkt.verlag, publisher of reference books for the professional computing scene; and iX, the magazine for professional information technology.
The organisers invite you to submit your proposals – until May 19th, 2017 – on one or more of the following topics:
- Automated and accelerated development processes with Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Quality Assurance over the complete development lifecycle
- Cooperation between development and operations (DevOps) plus other stakeholders (DevSec, BizDevOps)
- Organizational consequences of DevOps and Continuous Delivery in (agile) processes
- Pitfalls and particularities of developing in distributed teams
- Systems for revision control
- Configuration management
- Tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Tools for reviews and tests
- Build tools
- Service Discovery
- Operations and monitoring
- Cloud Solutions for deployment (e.g. PaaS) and build processes
- Integrating ALM tools into the Continuous Delivery/Deployment process.
- Infrastructure as Code
The emphasis will be on hands-on introductions, conceptual decisions, live demos, or comparison of different techniques. Presentations that are based solely on promoting a product will not be allowed. Proposals on containerisation with tools such as Docker and the associated ecosystem should be handed in through the CfP form of our ContainerConf 2017 conference.
- Deployment of tools for agile ALM (introduced within a context of specific fields of application or scenarios)
- Experiences from transitioning from classic operational patterns and organizations to DevOps, DevSec and BizDevOps
- Lessons learned from using Continuous Delivery and DevOps in on-going and completed projects
- Interaction and integration of various tools
- Particularities of the development of cloud services
- Continuous Delivery in times of serverless computing and microservices
Please indicate, whether you prefer a presentation lasting up to 70 minutes or a short session of up to 40 minutes. Workshops have been scheduled for full days (6 hours). To evaluate your proposed presentation, the organisers ask you to send in a target-group-specific abstract (400-700 characters). Supplementary materials (long abstracts, slides, papers, etc.) are also welcome. The deadline for submissions is May 19th, 2017. The complete schedule will be available online by the end of June.
Conference board members are: Alexander Neumann (heise Developer; responsible) and René Schönfeldt (dpunkt.verlag; responsible), as well as Timo Derstappen (Giant Swarm), Benjamin Muskalla (Tasktop), Steffen Schluff (OIO), and Eberhard Wolff (innoQ).
Please contact us with questions regarding the conference or the schedule of events: email@example.com